Homemade Christmas 1 - Art Passport Covers

So I had a baby.  I thought that it would be neat to give a gift from the baby to members of our family. And so it began.

The first fun day was art. Millie loves putting her hands in her mouth, but even I didn't realize how much paint she would actually eat. She really had a great time making our first project...passport covers. It was sooo cute!




Here are the finished products...

I made 5, one of which I am going to turn into a framed 5 by 7 picture instead of laminating and putting in the cover.  I got my covers online at Amazon, 5 for about $7.99 + shipping.  And I laminating them with sealing lamination covers from Staples - 4 sheets for $14.99.  So grand total was about $20 for all 5, which means $4 a piece.

When I wrapped them, because it is a little confusing what they are, I wrote on the outside of the present, "Please take me somewhere with this!  Love, Millie"

Do you like this post?  Then pin it! Pin It

1 comments:

  • frugalsuz | December 16, 2011 at 8:04 AM

    Oh my goodness, I think I'm going to have to drive down there and give that little girl a big hug! Congratulations to you and your hubs! I haven't read your blog in a while, what a wonderful surprise to hop on over here and see such a cutie. Happy holidays!

Post a Comment