First Birthday Party - 1 - Airplane Invitations

The theme of Up, Up, and Away has been very fun to brainstorm. I first thought of this theme because we named our daughter after Amelia Earhart. I wanted to be a pilot since I was 9, and although that dream wasn't a reality, I still love aviation.

So I knew I wanted to do airplane tickets as invitations. And I saw really cute ideas on pinterest. Of course, I'm terrible with graphic design, but I keep working on it and these types of projects help to get more familiar with tools. It does help to have Photoshop on your laptop, though. I don't! I used to have it, but my new laptop doesn't have it, yet. So I did this task in Publisher.

So I first made the silhouette outline for a paper airplane ticket. The dimensions are approximately 3.5" high by 8.5" wide, so it will fit in a standard envelope. I'm going to order red envelopes for my invitations. Super cute!

Then I made a word template for my invitations that have Passenger Name (Birthday Girl), Departure Time, Arrival Time, Date, Class (First, all the way baby!), Service (In-Flight Meal Provided), and Location. I also added perforations for the ticket stub on the right-hand side of the ticket with the Silhouette. This part had the flight number (the numbers were her real birthday), and a seat number along with how to "Check-In", aka RSVP.



 They are perforated, just like an airline boarding pass.  I have perforations both for a ticket stub, which has the RSVP Check-In date, and contact information, as well as the "Flight number" and the "Seat".

 And there is also a perforation on the end that tickets used to have the carbons on.  Does anyone else remember the days with carbon ticket copies?  Anyone? 


I think they turned out really cute, don't you? Here are the templates:
Studio File for Airplane Ticket (Silhouette Cameo)
Microsoft Publisher File for Airplane Ticket

This is complicated, but I figured it out so you should be able to as well! I made my design in Publisher, saved as a jpeg, opened it in Silhouette and then copied and pasted the cut lines from the Studio file and moved everything around till it looked great. Don't forget to use the registration marks!

Like this idea?  Then Pin It

41 comments:

Post a Comment